Beat The Heat

We just got through a major heat wave here on the east coast. It was bad, but nothing a little garden hose couldn't fix. As soon as Gunnar saw the water, he wanted it. You wouldn't believe this kids' grip!



I pulled the hose away before we got into 'water boarding' territory, but he still got pretty hosed.



Then we decided to empty out the icky water from the pool and fill it up again. Gunnar liked that idea too.



He liked it a lot. Notice how he's in the pool but I am not. That water was soooooooo COLD! I don't know how little kids are able to overcome so much bodily discomfort in the pursuit of fun. It's amazing, but not something I particularly miss from my own childhood.



Even though Chris said it couldn't happen in 100 degree weather, I decided I didn't want to risk him getting hypothermia. Check out how red his little hands are!



Gunnar was just 'too cool' to be hot this week.



And Chris was the only one to use water responsibly. He took care of all of the plants.



P.S. Gunnar got his very first shiner last week. He fell on the coffee table while trying to walk and somehow managed to acquire a bruise in the form of a 3 inch line stemming from the corner of his eye.

Then, about an hour later, I heard splashing.

For those of you who don't know, this is almost never a good indoor noise to hear. I found Gunnar playing in the toilet. When I yelled, "Noooooooooooo!" I scared him and he fell down the side of the toilet and cut his eye. Chris takes all of this in stride and writes it off as a 'boys will be boys' sort of thing, but I just feel all of this motherly guilt and pain and love every time he gets hurt. Unfortunately, I have a feeling there's going to be a lot more of this to come.

2 Comments:

  1. Rogers said...
    Your little boy is so cute!! I love the first few pics. of him with the hose. I love those expressions!!! Cute family :D
    Anonymous said...
    Gunnar looks like he's having a total blast. You need to suck it up and take the plunge next time!

Post a Comment