A Day In The Park

Well, maybe not a whole entire day, but it was at least about an hour.

Thursdays are normally the craziest day of the week in our home - not counting Sundays. Sundays, are as they say in our neighborhood, "O.D. busy". Chris is usually at church for 12 hours or so that day. Such is the life of an Obispo...

But second place in the category of business would definitely to go to Thursday. I work Thursday nights, so I'm usually preparing to meet with my clients before I go. Chris (who is awesome) has daddy/son time with Gunnar on Thursday nights (so I can work almost semi-guilt-free). He's usually scrambling to get as much work done before I go too.

But for some reason, this Thursday was different. It felt more like a Tuesday or even, dare I say - Saturday. We had both gotten a lot of things done and decided to get out of the apartment and take our monkey/baby to the park.

Central Park is two blocks south of us and at the top of the park there's a great little playground geared especially for babies and toddlers. Gunnar loves it.

dkkf


Chris brought his camera and got a few cute shots of Gunnar being adventurous. He's not quite walking yet, but getting close.



First time down the slide...



Digging on the older ladies...



Taking a spin in the teacup.



When he got this look on his face we took him out. This is the 'Whoa-I'm-gonna-barf' face.



And Gunnar's latest trick? Invisibility.



Followed by a quick peek to make sure we didn't go anywhere while he was gone.



It was a good Thursday.

P.S. Gunnar's taking another shot at trying some derivative of baby Zantac for his acid reflux. Not sure if it's working or not but it tastes like Windex and bubblegum, so it must be doing something.

4 Comments:

  1. Randi said...
    We want to come back! I love central park. Gunnar looks so cute! Sorry about the acid reflux - no fun. My 2 month old nephew just had to have surgery for pyloric stenosis because he was losing weight.. Good luck!
    LosPeterson said...
    Please do! You can always crash at our place. That is so scary about your nephew. Hopefully it won't come to that with Gunnar. Cross your toes and fingers.
    Nicki said...
    um...love those baby vans! great to see your blog and hear a little about your life- this should help us keep in touch a wee bit more then once every 3 years. :)
    Alana, Brian, Hailey & Dakota said...
    You have the best pictures ever! Gunnar is so handsome and looks plenty weighty to me, but the camera does add 10 lbs. (Does that apply to babies?) Also, the plants on your roof look amazing!! Nice work guys, nice work.

Post a Comment