Trip To The Caymans

This was the best vacation ever! Well, it wasn't entirely all vacation - at least not for Chris. He worked every day we were there. But even working in the Caymans was amazing and working in the Ritz Carlton in the Caymans was even more amazing.







Can I just say, "wow"?! Neither one of us had ever stayed and a real live Ritz before. In fact, the only Ritz I've ever experienced before this was the cracker (yummy, but not as good as the hotel). Only downside is how crappy the West Inn is going to feel from now until forever. Oh well.



The beach was just a short walk from our hotel room, which was also nice. And so fun since this was Gunnar's very first beach/ocean experience. Here he is doing a "Daddy, up" in the Caribbean. (Don't worry, Chris caught him).



The salt water was definitely a new experience for him too. He must have tasted it on my skin because at one point he started licking my shoulder. Then he started biting me, like I was a piece of meat or something. I finally had to pry him off of me and give him a biscuit.



The highlight of the trip though was our excursion to "Stingray City". Chris and I swam with stingrays on our honeymoon in Tahiti so it wasn't a totally new experience for us, but it definitely was for Gunnar.





Chris did get a teeny bit nervous when he first got in the water with them. He didn't say so but I'm pretty sure he was thinking about getting barbbed in the heart and dying like the Crocodile Hunter in this shot.



Here's Gunnar locking lips with a stingray our Bolivian guide called Emily. He even licked it. I guess he thought those stingrays were pretty awesome. Move over goats.



Next years' Christmas card?



Later we went somewhere else to snorkel. I let Chris go the whole time because he loves snorkeling and I just like it.



Instead I chilled on the boat with Gunnar and we dipped our feet in the water and looked at fish. The water was so clear.



Despite the weird frowny face Gunnar is making in this picture, we all had a fantastic time. In fact, Gunnar actually learned to walk on this trip! So fun.

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hey Renae. It's Jen. Those stingray pics are incredible! I can't believe you guys were that brave! Gunnar too. Looks like you guys had a great time!
    Darci said...
    What a fun vacation. Everything looks perfect! How lovely.
    sarah said...
    those really look like elephants in the water.
    LosPeterson said...
    I really hope you're talking about the stingray and not Renae and I. Please specify: gray elephants or white elephant?
    Cynthia said...
    Hi Renae! cute baby! last I saw you, you were still expecting!! We really need to have you come up for a BBQ we're only an hour or so away from ya! send me an email cynthiaclark4@yahoo.com
    Owen said...
    What a cute little guy you have there (Gunnar...just specifying for Chris'sake)!! Scott showed me your blog way back when you had just had Gunnar...he has grown up so much and he reminds me a lot of his daddy now!! The picture of Chris in fear of being stabbed in the heart just like the Crocodile Hunter was hilarious! We would LOVE to come see you guys some time SERIOUSLY!! It would be fun to get caught up and reminisce!! I added you to our friends list so we can stay current and not wait another year to see pictures of little Gunnar (what a cutie)! So glad you found our blog...and PS. never been to a Ritz hotel but I enjoy a good Ritz cracker! Hehehe! Looks like you had a blast!

Post a Comment