10. Hang out in my bathrobe for an hour this morning instead of going up to the deck to water the plants. (As my sister, Rhonda would say: "Thank you Universe!")
9. Put on my really cool sleek rainboots and go to the grocery store with Gunnar. We needed laundry detergent, dishwashing detergent and lots of antibiotic hormone free organic whole milk. Also, I just love wearing rainboots. Something in me secretly enjoys stepping in the garbage juice, toxic, urin filled mud puddles without becoming contaminated.
8. Finally start using my Facebook account, or as my brother likes to call it: "The Facebook".
7. Watch a segment on the Today Show about a friend of a friend/fellow blogger (Nie Nie) and her family. I'd only been reading her blog for a few months when she and her husband were almost killed in a plane crash. Right now they are in the hospital recovering while their 4 children are with family members. Heart wrenching. Both of these women are amazing and they write blogs that are clever and inspiring and wholesome - something I'm much too whiny to ever do for more than one post in a row on LosPeterson.com. By the way, the pistol weilding Lucha Libre fighter on the top left corner isn't helping. (Am I the only one who hates that image?! Chris LOVES it.)
6. Cook and eat spaghetti at 10:30 in the morning and then have carnation instant breakfast banana smoothies at 4:00 pm. Followed by a radio dance party in the living room (of course). Welcome to Gunnar's world.
5. Allow Chris to record my voice for use on our website. Believe it or not - I actually have a pretty decent narration voice. My singing voice however, sucks. This has always puzzled me. How can someone have a good speaking voice but be a terrible singer? Conversely, how can someone with a squeaky, dum speaking voice sing beautifully? I'm sure only Scott Wiley knows.
4. Have a Young Women's presidency meeting in mi casa. It's the perfect excuse to make something with chocolate in it plus it's always fun hanging out with the women I volunteer with.
3. Vote in the NY primaries. I would do this if I weren't registered as an Independent. They discriminate against us here and don't let us do anything until November. It stinks but I just don't feel comfortable being tied to either party right now. (Apologies to my mom and dad and all the many people of my faith for not being a Republican. And apologies to my Aunt Linne, Harlem and all of my social work friends for not being a Democrat.)
2. Talk to my eccentric and authentic little brother, Jordan for the last time! Well, the last time until Christmas. He's entering the Mormon MTC tomorrow afternoon to start his 2 year mission in Las Vegas Nevada! Go Jor!
1. Blog. It's not really the #1 thing to do on a day like this, but it's what I'm doing right now.
Labels: Posted by Renae
3 Comments:
-
- Anonymous said...
September 10, 2008 at 5:12 PMwow, your day sounded awesome! i would love to hang out in bathrobes, have dance parties, eat spaghetti for breakfast and hang out with the yw of harlem all in one day. i think i may have had a dream similar to that this week. anyways, how was palmer? is that where gunnar learned how to eat boogers?- LosPeterson said...
September 10, 2008 at 6:27 PMYes. Gunnar learned to eat his boogers at Palmer Lake. Other than that Palmer was AWESOME. Except for the fact that YOU WEREN'T THERE. We need to catch up soon...- Anonymous said...
September 10, 2008 at 10:25 PMyes we do! i would love that. i would also love to see gunnar eat his boogers. are you guys scheduled to come out to good old utah anytime soon? not that i recommend it... i'm just saying. also, have you read "the road"?
