Here are the only noteworthy things that happened to us during my most recent blogging hiatus. There are only seven:
7.) We went to SLC for a week on business. Sorry family and friends who live there for not visiting. It's not because we don't like you. It's because we didn't rent a car and we barely had time to sleep let alone venture outside of the hotel/convention center/RiteAid 5 block radius. Here we are the the hotel playground and/or stairs.
6.) Gunnar, who was sent to the earth to destroy it (starting first with our apartment) erased hundreds and hundreds of our geneaology photos from our computer's hard drive. AHHHH!!! Both Chris and I were pretty devastated. It's hard when babies ruin things because it's really your fault not theirs. So when you get mad, you're really getting mad at yourself. Fortunately, through the power of Apple's Time Machine, Chris was able to recover all of them.
5.) I lost my wallet waaaaaaaaay uptown near the Bronx last week and didn't realize it until the next morning. So, I canceled all my credit cards and felt grateful at the fact that I had been too lazy to put my drivers license back after showing it to security at the airport. Still, it's an icky feeling to loose ones wallet and in certain parts of this city it's easy to think that maybe instead of being lost, it was stolen. And if that's the case, then it's easy to want to loose a little faith in the goodness of people. But before I could do that a nice young man called us to return it. Wow. All that was missing was the cash. Hey, it is New York.
4.) Chris, Gunnar and I all went to the Children's Museum for a 'family date' followed by a yummy and caloric trip to the Shake Shack.

Mmmm. Ketchup covered Cheerios.
3.) Jeffery R. Holland came to NYC and held a special conference just for our stake today.
2.) Gunnar has a favorite new hiding place. The first time he hid here I had no idea where he was. I ran up and down are apartment 3 times screaming his name and was about 2 minutes shy of escalating into total hysteria and/or calling 911 when he popped open the cupboard door and said, "Hi."

1.) We've decided to stay here in NYC for Thanksgiving and go to WA and CA for Christmas and New Years. That means I'm cooking this week . . . oh boy.
Labels: Posted by Renae
2 Comments:
-
- Linne Haywood said...
November 29, 2008 at 9:21 AMI vote that you write a book chronicling life with Gunner and your adventures. Thanks for keeping us posted....oh, and I appreciate the reminder that when my children screw up, it is really my fault, because I didn't have enough Mom guilt. Love, Linne- Linne Haywood said...
November 29, 2008 at 9:26 AMP.S. We are excited to see the Peterson's at Christmas. The Haywoods will be one down with Natalie et al in Atlanta. I have PENNED you in my calendar.
