And when he does sleep the entire house is on quiet alert. Our family doctor told us that in her experience, these things can sometimes be hereditary. So, I asked both of our parents about how we were as babies.
Guess which one of us was the infant insomniac. You're right. I slept pretty well but Chris' family told me he didn't sleep through the night until he was almost a YEAR OLD! (Can you imagine?!!) She also told us that drummers aren't made, they're born.
Gunnar is a lot like Chris. In fact at church they call him the 'Obispito'. Anyway, I just bought this white noise machine online. It was $50.00. Wish us luck!
Labels: Posted by Renae
3 Comments:
-
- sarah said...
March 8, 2008 at 11:57 AMOh man there is nothing worse than a baby who won't sleep! And nothing more precious than the quiet time while they are sleeping. Good luck. Let us know how the whitenoise machine works. My nephew sleeps with a fan on and soft music playing in his room for the same reason.- LosPeterson said...
March 8, 2008 at 12:12 PMIs June sleeping through the night now? How did sleep training go with her? We've tried letting Gunnar cry more than a few times now and it is so hard! I keep hoping he'll just fall into healthy sleep schedule on his own but I'm starting to feel like that's just wishful thinking.- sarah said...
March 9, 2008 at 5:42 PMJune does pretty well 70% of the time now. She was by far our easiest sleeper falling asleep on her own most of the time. We have let her cry a few times but it's never taken more than 25 minutes. But it is hard to listen to that! Brenden was the worst - he cried more than 2 hours the first night, 2 hours the next night, 1 1/2 hours the next but it did eventually work. But the problem is we'd have to re-do it every time we'd travel or disrupt the routine (although never again that long). Scott could never stand it. I'd call him and tell him he'd better work late tonight since it was a crying night and then let him know when it was safe to come home. So sad!
