Get Your Goat

Today my friend Maline called up and asked if we wanted to walk with her and her 2 kids to the Central Park Zoo. It was perfect timing because Gunnar was already in the stroller and we were just about to head out the door to the boring old park, again.



Plus, Maline is one of those loyal, patient friends who never gives up on inviting me to things, no matter how many times I turn her down. I just love being with her. She's someone you can completely be yourself with, the kind of person you don't have to shower for. So, I eagerly accepted her offer not realizing that the zoo was oh, I don't know THREE MILES AWAY and that the forecast called for 90 DEGREE weather!

Needless to say, Gunnar and I were both schfitzing profusely by the time we got there. Not good. But, it was totally, well maybe not totally but pretty much worth it though. Gunnar absolutely LOVED the zoo. He pointed and smiled at the monkeys in the trees. He kissed the penguins, or rather the cold, wet, germ ridden glass between himself and the penguins. And he tried to grab the leg of a Nicobar Pigeon sitting on a rock.

But his favorite exhibit by far, were the goats. He went CRAZY for those goats. (Sorry about the pictures here. I left my 'phoneless camera' at home).



He grabbed their horns and tails and eyeballs (they must give these goats sedatives or something because they don't even flinch)



He yelled at them excitedly and giggled in his new, fake, goat-like laugh (look for video of this in a future post).



He picked up bits of food and goat poop from off the ground and tried to feed it to them (and eat it himself).



He loved those goats. There was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth when we finally had to leave. I seriously had to pry his little fingers off of that nasty fence otherwise he would have stayed all night with them. I've never seen him like any animal more!

Which makes me think . . . his birthday is coming up. Maybe instead of a puppy, we should get him a goat. What do you think Chris?

3 Comments:

  1. Linne Haywood said...
    You know what I say? If Gunnar wants a goat, he should have a goat. And don't try to substitute a sheep as a poor substitute. You know, you can drink goat's milk so your new goat can be part of your year's supply of food.

    Tia Linne
    LosPeterson said...
    Great idea Linne! I could even forgo bottles and let Gunnar eat 'chupa cabra' style.

    BTW - I heard you tore your plantar something playing tennis with Joe?!! You're on crutches?!! I guess that means you didn't get to belly dance in the D-town 4th of July parade today :( (Do they still do that?). Love you.
    Randi said...
    since gunnar isn't eating lately - get a goat and then you can try goat cheese and goat milk... its the perfect solution to everything. win win if you ask me.

Post a Comment