Greetings from London, England (quick business trip).
The last time I was in London was to chase down Renae when she went on her study abroad trip. I was just out of college and wanted to prove to her that I loved her and would follow her around the world if I had to. I'm lucky it worked, because it could have been pretty creepy otherwise (and no, I didn't drive past her house at two a.m. every night).
Anyway, I'm sitting in my hotel room waiting for a business associate to pick me up. We're going to Stonehenge.
I just had a huge breakfast which has made me sleepy. And the bed is so comfortable that I just might take another quick nap while I wait for my ride.
The hotel I'm staying at is called Taplow House and was built in 1751. The original building was built the late 1500s, but it burnt down in 1660. Apparently you can still see the scorch marks in the cellar.
Probably the most beautiful feature of this hotel are the 200-year-old Tulip Trees. They are not only the tallest and fattest in Europe, but they were planted by none other than Queen Elizabeth 1.
It is very quiet, which is a nice change from New York City living. I sat and ate my toast and jam, watching the wind crawl through the trees. Very peaceful.

It was only about a 6 hour flight from JFK to Heathrow. If the dollar can gain a little value (c'mon dollar), I'd like to come back more often with Renae. It's the city of our first international date.
Labels: Posted by Chris
1 Comment:
-
- LosPeterson said...
July 3, 2008 at 4:24 AMCan you believe it was 9 years ago this fall that we were in London last?! Wow. I'm definitely jealous that you got to go back. Have fun at Stonehenge. We miss you. Gunnar was crawling all around the house looking for you again this morning, all the while saying, "hi dad, hi dad, hi dad." We'll have to Skype again tonight so he can see you.
