Mini Hiatus

Sorry about the little break there. Things have been a bit busier than normal as of late. And when things get busy, I stop doing a few of the things that I normally do quite often, like blogging, laundry and keeping my eyebrows from taking over the top half of my face (I come from a long line of hairy women).

The business (that's busy-ness, not 'bidnas') started last weekend. Our church had a youth conference for all the kids 14-18 years old. It was pretty spectacular.



They all left their homes and stayed with other families in the city (5 boys stayed with us) and went all over Manhattan doing Amazing Race-type games and activities. Here are a few pics of their adventures:


They started the activity with a dance. I'm not sure if that's what Mitch is doing in this picture or not.


Dariana was impressed.


Then they woke up really early the next morning to go see Coldplay perform on the Today show.


They ended up seeing more of this than of the band, but they still had fun.


Richy had the most fun.


They rode around the island on a ferry.


And went over the Brooklyn bridge.


And made some new friends. It was great.

Chris was going to blog about this because he was a chaperon and went with them all over the city - but he's really, really busy - in fact he's in the UK on business right now and won't get back until Sunday morning. He's catching a red-eye flight and coming straight from the airport to church. No hiatus for him. What a guy.

2 Comments:

  1. Jarmandashmar said...
    Renae you guys look like you're doing so good! It's really fun to look at your blog and recognize some of the kids on here. How's your ward? It sounds like Chris is really busy. Ashlyn's doing really good, we're having lots of fun with her. We can't wait to see you guys in August for Andrew's wedding and for the youth trip to Palmer, it will be lots of fun, I'll be the one with the little newborn this year though:)You'll have to help me-haha. Your parents are coming up this weekend for the baby blessing so that will be nice. Wish you could be here, have a good 4th of July!
    Love, Amanda
    LosPeterson said...
    Yahoo! I'm so glad you guys are coming out to Palmer again this year! I CAN'T wait to finally meet little Ashlyn! She's such a pretty baby Amanda and you're such a natural at being a mom. It's gonna be a fun summer. Love you guys.

Post a Comment