Tie El Knot-o

Chris (a.k.a Obispo Peterson) performed his very first wedding on Saturday.

A young couple in our congregation with a little baby boy decided that they wanted to be legally married to each other and asked Chris to perform the wedding. So cool. He was kinda nervous (they asked him to do the whole thing in Spanish) but I thought it was absolutely perfect.



Weddings are always wonderful. Receptions on the other hand . . . not always so. I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of the ones where you have to wait in a really, really long line (in high heels) and make uncomfortable small talk with strangers just to say hi for 5 seconds to the bride and/or groom. Sorry to any of you who may have had one of those receptions.



George and Lia on the other hand, (that's the couple) had an incredibly festive reception. Very fun. Lot's of the very delicious Dominican beans, rice, chicken and other dishes I don't know the names for, lots of awesome dancing, and lots and LOTS of love. Everyone in the congregation pitched in with decorations, a cake, food, flowers and most of the other things one needs when getting hitched.





Chris contributed a lot too. He's too humble to post about it himself but in addition to marrying them, he was also their photographer, DJ and the janitor at the end of the night.



It was a lot of work, but what an honor to be part of something so special and wonderful. Congratulations guys! We love you!

2 Comments:

  1. Josie said...
    That's really neat he can marry them! We do wedding decorations, but we never have to go to the actual wedding.
    Weddings are a lot of fun and I love how excited everyone is, it's a great thing to be a part of.
    LosPeterson said...
    I think it's so cool that you guys have your own business!

Post a Comment