I only mix politics with religion, work, friendships AND marriage with extreme discretion. I mean, who wants to get into an argument about tax cuts on your way to Sunday school? Things can get a little hairy sometimes. People are passionate about politics these days and dare I say, more educated on the issues than in elections past. Plus we have record voter registration all over the country! About time!!! Honestly, I don't care who you vote for today - I'm just glad you voted. (You did vote right?!! RIGHT?!!!)
Okay. Permit me a moment on the soap box . . .
It frustrates me when people don't vote. I'm not trying to attack you if you didn't or don't plan to. Well, okay - maybe I am. It's just that we are so incredibly fortunate to live in a democracy where EVERYONE is allowed the opportunity to voice their opinion and cast their own ballot without fear of persecution - or worse. When we don't take advantage of our freedoms, rights and priviledges, we belittle the sacrifices and injustices of others and are poor stewards of the gifts and responsibilities we've been given. The whole world is looking at us today. We each really need to do our part. VOTE.
Stepping down now . . .
Chris and Gunn and I are leaving town today so we 'absenteed' our ballots this time. I decided who I was going to vote for a few months ago but Chris didn't know up until yesterday. For awhile I thought we might end up canceling each others' votes out (ha ha) but surprisingly - and after much discussion, deliberation and even argument on occassion, we ended up casting our ballots for the same ticket.
Who, you might be asking, did we vote for?
Well, in an attempt to preserve the peace and harmony in our friendships with YOU, we will not be disclosing who our votes were for. Feel free to guess. If you're right we might tell you. One hint though: we are both registered as Independent.
Good luck and happy voting today!
Labels: Posted by Renae

Yay for democracy!
I don't know about you, but this election year has been the only time outside of college that I've drawn from my American Heritage knowledge. I guess those stupid labs and awful tests really were worth it...