Chris and I were married 7 years ago today. Wow. It feels like it was only. . . well, . . . not yesterday but maybe more like only 5 years ago. How the time goes by. Seriously, we can't believe it. And, it just keeps getting better and better and better.
Since our anniversary fell on Memorial Day this year, we decided to make it into an Anniversa-morial Celebra-memmoration and threw a romantic BBQ with 3 other families and all of their children on our roof deck.
OK, so it wasn't exactly romantic but it was delicious and very, very fun. (This weekend we're going to Florida for business but we're planning on having some nice couple time + Gunnar, then).
Our friend, Allen did pretty much all of the cooking and the cleaning (we're inviting him to every BBQ we have for the rest of the summer).
And we tried out our friend Sarah's recommendation of BBQ'd corn on the cob. It was a complete hit. Every smiling face was slathered in butter and corn kernels.
Our "gated pool" went over pretty well too. At one point I think we had seven or eight kids in it at the same time.

Gunnar really loved it too.
Unfortunately, we forgot to remove his diaper before putting him in, which inevitably led to some pretty major crack-age. When I finally did get his diaper off, it was seriously hanging down to his ankles and filled with about 2 gallons of water. No leaks though! Go Huggies.

After Gunn got all dry, he started watching all of the older kids run around and became a little peer pressured into performing some tricks of his own.
Here he is standing for a whole 30 seconds! I'm not sure he knew I let go.
It was a pretty wonderful day and an awesome Anniversamorial. I love you Chris.
Labels: Posted by Renae
3 Comments:
-
- Rogers said...
May 27, 2008 at 8:10 PMHappy Anniversa-morial or whatever you called it!! I hadn't realized you'd been married that long!!! Holy Cow!! Time flies. But congratulations, anyway. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun and really nice weather for a great party. Oh, are you sure that the guy I see on your profile (bald) is the same guy in you wedding picture?!?!?!? LOL :)- sarah said...
May 27, 2008 at 9:18 PMLook at Chris' hair!! Awesome. Congrats you two. Looks like a fun day. Glad the corn was a hit. Yum that sounds good right now.- Big Mama said...
May 29, 2008 at 1:35 PMWhat a great par-tay! I'm sure the food was tastalicious and the company marveloso! Gunnar looks absolutely supersurfer extravaganzic in his board shortsand i wish we had been there to enjoy it with you guys.
