(Sorry Mom.)
As many of you know, Chris works from home. He's kind of a part time stay-at-home-dad. It's nice. Today, however, he needed to work on a project with a full time stay-at-home-dad, so I offered to babysit.
This is Samuel. He will be 2 yrs. old in June, so he's almost a full year older than Gunnar. As you can see, he's a really cute kid. He also called me "Mommy" the entire time he was here, which was both cute and . . . kinda strange.
Gunnar seemed to really like the idea of another, older baby in the house. They both share similar interests, so I think that helped.
It was actually educational for me to see how it will (someday) be to have more than one kid in the family. First of all it will be exponentially more messy.
Second, sharing will most likely be optional and only temporary, at best.
Third, people are going to have varying definitions of what constitutes affection.
And finally, I don't think I'm ready yet.
Overall, we had a really good time together though. After Samuel left, Gunnar crawled into the kitchen to relax and, I assume, decompress under his high chair. I think when we do end up going for numero 2, this little dude's going to have a rude awakening.
Labels: Posted by Renae

Doesn't it stress you out just thinking about having another baby? And you lived it for a day, you poor girl...